Hampstead Garden Suburb Horticultural Society is a voluntary organisation open to all residents and those who live nearby, with an elected Committee meeting monthly. An Annual General Meeting is held in November. The Society is affiliated to:
- The Royal Horticultural Society
- The National Dahlia Society
- Plant Heritage – London Group (formerly known as The National Council for the Conservation of Plants and Gardens)
- Perennial – The Gardeners’ Royal Benevolent Society
- The London Gardens Society
- Hampstead Gardeners
Hampstead Garden Suburb Horticultural Society was founded on 20th May 1909, as the first society to be started by Dame Henrietta Barnett and early residents. We normally hold two Flower Shows a year (June and September) and we organise a variety of events throughout the year to cater for all levels of gardening interest and horticultural expertise. Full details can be found in the events pages, in the members’ handbook and a newsletter is published four times a year.
New members are always welcome. Click here to discover more about the benefits of membership or to join.